Monday, October 25, 2021

Coronavirus Pandemic 594 - My Call from a Gentleman

Known COVID-19 cases in the U.S. - 45,423,365
Known COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. - 736,112

--------------------------

I didn't go to bed until 5 a.m. this morning in a vain attempt to get words in on A Very Hero New Year.

Only to be awakened at 10:15 a.m because Significant Other was trying to call me. After the initial surge of adrenaline that something was wrong, my heart calmed down at the video chat of Adorable Spawn taking his first bites of solid food.

This little rapscallion has grown so much in the last four months. I miss him terribly, and I'm so happy he and his parents shared one of his milestones with us this morning.

It was worth the lack of sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Awww. :) What was it, and did he like it? I seem to remember my little brother spitting a lot of stuff out as a baby. :P

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Strained plums was my favorite -- I ate them like applesauce until I was almost kindergarten age, long enough that I remember. :) Of course, once you're dumped in with 30 other little kids, anything that smacks of being a baby is instantly verboten, but I remember the taste even like... 55 years? later.

    ReplyDelete