Friday, December 17, 2021

Hunkering Down Again

I'm getting the last of the presents wrapped in order to send them to friends and family out of state. Later tonight, I'll work on Christmas cards while watching Annie or The Witcher. Though, it will probably be both.

This December has been a bizarre mix of emotions from the people around me. One friend is getting married tomorrow to the love of his life. Another friend texted in fury over politics and irresponsibility.

One friend has multiple exciting career opportunities after a dry spell. Someone else would rather lose multiple jobs rather than getting vaxxed.

All-in-all, it's a crazy holiday season compared to even last year when we had a quiet dinner at home with Genius Kid on leave. This year, everyone we would hang out with is vaxxed, but the Omicron variant is giving everybody some hesitation. Especially, after FIL's girlfriend was recently diagnosed with the variant. Thank goodness, she's had her two vaccines and her booster and is, so far *knock on wood*, asymptomatic.

So, DH and I are at a conundrum. Should we even try to get together with the family?

It's funny in an ironic way that I had no problem taking GK and GC (aka Genius Cousin who's the same age as GK) out to dinner a couple of weeks ago.

I need to take some of my books to the library, so Monday may be the last time I venture out this year.

For the rest of you, take care and stay safe. We're not out of the woods yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment