Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day!

I was awake relatively earlier today to mail the infernal tax package and to pick up veggies for tonight's feast. I was going to make cinnamon rolls for dessert since I still have some cream cheese frosting in the fridge. I still might. It depends on how much energy I have over the next couple of hours.

Tonight's dinner is filet mignon, loaded baked potatoes, and roasted broccoli. Even if we didn't have the pandemic still ongoing, I refuse to go out on Valentine's Day. The restaurants are nuts, and I have an issue with the whole "Prove you love me" vibe of the holiday.

I told DH on our first Valentine's Day together that I'd kick his ass for buying me overpriced flowers or anything else that reeks of desperation or smarm. So what did he do? He took me to a farm to pick out a beagle puppy.

And that was how we got our first dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment