Monday, February 27, 2023

Monday Movie Mania - Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

DH and I went to the theater twice over the Presidents' Day weekend because he had the day off and we already have plenty of mattresses. AMC showed the re-release of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, which DH had never seen.

When it came to new releases, he wanted to see Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, despite my best efforts to talk him into Magic Mike: The Last Dance. (I can't imagine why I failed. LOL)

 

*******


SPOILERS


********

 

PROS

1) Kathryn Newton gained my admiration as Claire Novak in Supernatural. She's excellent as the latest Cassie Lang.

2) Jonathan Majors' Kang is so much better than Thanos. I can't wait to see what Kevin Feig and the rest of the writers have in mind for him in the upcoming Avengers movies.

3) Henry Pym finally got to be the hero in this movie.

4) Since Kang is a major foe of the Fantastic Four in the comics universe, this will be a perfect opportunity to bring them into the MCU.

5) Turning Yellowjacket into M.O.D.O.K cracked me up.


CONS

1)  Treating the Wasp as part of the scenery. The story focused almost solely on Scott/Cassie's relationship and Hank/Janet's relationship. Poor Hope had little to do other than saving Scott's ass at the end.

2) Not enough character development with the five characters the script did focus on.

3) No mention of the previous movies' supporting cast, much less any appearance. I especially missed Michael Pena as Luis.


Overall, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania was an okay entry in the MCU, but it could have been better. I give it 6 stars out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment