Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Halloween Is Coming

It feels a little weird writing a Halloween story at the beginning of August. Somehow, it felt normal while working on it in July, but I was on the Oregon Coast. The cooler weather, the fog, and gallons of coffee and tea helped a lot to provide the appropriate mood.

But now, I'm in Ohio. It's in the 80's. The humidity is running between 75 and 90 percent. And everyone is either cramming in their last summer trips or freaking out about  school starting.

Or in some cases, both.

But I love the Halloween season, in case you hadn't noticed over the last fourteen years I've been writing this blog. And on Labor Day weekend, the decorations are coming out!

So this story will get me in the mood enough to clean the house so it's ready to be decorated. Maybe I need to place some Halloween music while I'm working on this story to help it along.

No comments:

Post a Comment