Friday, September 22, 2023

Roofers and Audio Recording Don't Mix

DH has been looking at solar panels for sometime, and since we needed to replace the roof (from sheer age, not any natural disaster), he deemed it time to get them, However, the shingles and vents needed to be replaced prior to installing the panels. That happened yesterday.

The roofers finished the whole project in one day, but they were cleaning up in the dark. In fear of potential missed nails, I carried Princess Bella from the house to a safe spot where she could relieve herself. DH wanted desperately to move my car back into the driveway. I even more insistently said not until daylight because I want to double-check the drive.

It's not that I didn't trust the roofers. Bless them, they were out there with metal detectors and flashlights trying to find both trash and their equipment after sundown. But being human myself, I know you miss things when you're exhausted as f*ck after a long day.

And sure enough, DH found quite a few nails on the driveway. In all fairness, a majority would have been underneath the roofers' pickup last night. Very easy to miss.

Not to mention, DH and the princess also found tin shears and an air hose for their nail guns in the back yard. He called the project coordinator about the equipment and the full pack of leftover shingles this morning.

But the dang roof is done, which means I can complete recording a bonus audiobook from the Soccer Moms Kickstarter. It's the very last thing I need to deliver, and hopefully I can finish it this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment