Monday, November 13, 2023

Monday Movie Mania - The Marvels

Don't let the trolls tell you what to do!

The Marvels was a damn fun and funny movie. Were there some nitpicks? Of course, there were. As a writer I have a hard time NOT picking. But I loved these characters in the comics, and I think the writers, directer, and actors did them justice.


* * *


SPOILERS


* * *


LOVES
1) The chemistry between Brie Larson, Teyonah Parris, and Iman Vellani was awesome!

2) It was funny! Not pee in my pants Deadpool 1 hilarious, but I laughed through most of the flick.

3) Fan service by using all of Carol's monikers (except Warbird, which I hated anyway).

4) Kamala's fangirling was just too adorable!

5) I was really expecting Nick Fury to say "I'm getting too old for this shit" at a certain point.

6) Kelsey Grammer

7) THE FLERKEN RESCUE SQUAD!

HATES
1) Dar-Benn needed a little fleshing out. I don't blame Zawe Ashton. She's an excellent actor. I don't know if something ended up on the proverbial cutting room floor or if the script was that bad when it came to her characterization.


Overall, I give Ther Marvels a solid 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment