Friday, November 17, 2023

Why Does Stuff Pile Up Right Before You Go On Vacation?

It's almost nine p.m., and I'm just now writing my post. I got up early to sprint with a friend. For me, parallel work keeps me on track.

But there's so much personal stuff to get done. The dogs want play time and walkies. Also, I'm the only one who can sweet-talk the Grandpuppy into taking his skin allergy medication.

We're eating too much junk because we end up grabbing take-out while running to the post office, the bank, the pharmacy, the eye surgeon, the surgical center, picking up the last of my ornaments from Hallmark, going back to Hallmark because I got so enamored with Chewbacca book end I forgot to ask for my ornaments, drop off the water bill, cancel the insurance on GK's Jeep which he sold last week while he was here, dye my hair, send a note to our CPA about the solar panels installed on the roof and me opening a online store, and somehow finish the new edits on the Millersburg Magick Mysteries and send them to my Kickstarter backers.

In the meantime, DH's employer had a massive layoff, and he's doing the work of three people. Needless to say, he's a little stressed already.

Plus, DH hasn't been able to mulch leaves as often as he normally does. So, all of us are tracking leaf bits into the house. And I hate coming home to a dirty house.

My weird little brain is spinning like a bionic hamster. Clean! Bills! Write!

I think I might need additional medication. It's a good thing pot is legal in Nevada!

No comments:

Post a Comment