Monday, September 23, 2024

When You Feel Taken for Granted

It's just after 4:30 EDT as I start to type this post. Have I crossed off anything on my to-do list? Nope. Have I written any new words on my wips? Nope.

So, what have I been doing? Dealing with family emergencies.

GK contacted DH before I was out of bed. He's on deployment, and his debit card no longer works, i.e. he couldn't get some things at the PX this weekend. This is why I insisted DH or I remains on his bank account so we could deal with stuff at this end.

So I was on the phone with the bank. The lady I spoke with in customer service tried to be helpful, but there's was only so much she could do without breaking her rules. I asked if the issue was on of the transactions in Kuwait. Nope. It was transaction here in the states before he even left. And he didn't enter his e-mail address on his account for the bank to contact his about the problem. I'm a little bothered that it took that long for GK's debit card to be shut off. However, GK was probably already in bed by the time I got off the phone with the bank, so I left him a detailed message.

By the time that was sorted and I'd gotten some breakfast, DH left for the soccer stadium. I responded to one of my cover artists about a special cover she was currently working on. (Again, I'm dealing with someone on the opposite side of the world, so we're rarely awake at the same time.)

And while I was typing up my answers to CA, DH texts me that he left his laptop at home. He takes his laptop with him so he can finish his work for his employer while he runs the time clock for the junior varsity high school soccer teams.

Except I've barely started on my own work day, so I sympathize, but I don't volunteer to take his laptop to him.

I hear some of you saying that's petty. Yep, it is. But he got me up early nearly every freaking day last week to help him with his own project list while he was on vacation. I don't mind helping WHEN I'M ASKED. I told him at the beginning of last week that just because he decided to take the week off, it doesn't mean I have the week off. If he had taken me to the movies for one freaking afternoon, maybe my attitude would be a little different.

Plus I had to deal with the derogatory attitude of the partner of the CPA firm who took over our previous CPA's company. Let's just say he wasn't impressed with Angry Sheep Publishing and he made it known that he thought I was a hobbyist.

But I'm tired of spending all my time of making sure everything in everybody else's lives runs smoothly to my own detriment.

And, DH, (because I know you will read this) I love you very much, BUT if you don't start listening to me, I can and will make your life a living hell.

Edit to add: I just clicked the button to post this, and now the damn dogs want to go outside. *sigh* It never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment