Monday, August 31, 2026

Still on the Mend

I no longer feel as if my left eyeball is about to swan dive out of its socket, and my molars are no longer demanding a root canal. However, my head still aches, my throat is sore from sinus drainage, and I now have what Phoebe Buffay and my husband refer to as "the sexy phlegm voice".

Which is definitely not sexy! I sound like a ancient bullfrog desperately seeking a date on the Only Amphibians app.

Not even the extra sleep over the weekend has truly helped.

As far as I'm concerned, today is the last real day of summer. Tomorrow, I will start putting up Halloween decorations. The whole house won't be done this week. I'm extremely fatigued from the sinus infection, and I still have five days of antibiotics to look forward to.

But I will continue hobbling forward and continue writing the best I can while battling the legions of bacteria defending what they think is their hot tub paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment