Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Implosion of a Publisher

I don't know if you folks have been hearing the same rumors as I have about Aspen Mountain Press over the last year.  Last Thursday, a former editor Celina Summers posted her version of the meltdown.

I cannot vouch for the veracity of her blog post, but it sounds all too familiar to the Triskelion and Dorchester collapses, publishing business disasters that friends of mine were caught in.

As Dean Wesley Smith and Kristine Kathryn Rusch continue to espouse, check out a publisher before you sign on the dotted line.  The $50 or so dollars on a background check will save you a lot of heartache.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so far out of the loop, that I haven't heard anything. But I hope you're doing well and that you have an oogie boogie week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With your cool new job, Ivy, there's probably a reaosn, you didn't know. *grin* Hope you're doing well too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing pretty good. Hubby's sick though. He stayed home from work and is taking a long nappy nap now. We got another new puppy from the pound. Her name is Bug and she's a sweet little thing.

    Do you have pets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We still just have Dax the Wonder Beagle. Between two part-time jobs, homeschooling and getting the writing career off the ground, I don't have time for another pet.

    ReplyDelete