Monday, August 3, 2020

Coronavirus Pandemic Day 145 - Death

"You get what anybody gets. You get a lifetime." - Death, Neil Gaiman

Over 157,000 dead in the U.S. alone. The number staggers the mind. And we're back up to over 1,000 dying per day.

Our county followed the Ohio governor's guidelines and shut down on March 16th. We stayed at a stable 39 cases and 1 death for six weeks.

But the re-opening on May 1 triggered more cases. With the 4th of July parties, cases exploded. Hancock County is at 320 cases and 2 deaths.

What's even more terrible is at a time when Americans really need to be working together to stop the spread of this horrible disease, we are actively working to infect each other. At a time when we need solid national leadership, we have federal officials at each others throats.

Believe me, I get how much staying at home sucks. With my health issues, I've been trapped at home far longer than a lot of you. And I regularly talk with friends, who are as trapped at home as I am. Yes, it's awful. Yes, it's boring. But if my 88-year-old father-in-law can handle not leaving his apartment for five freaking months, then so can I.

And you can, too.

But if you do have to go out, wash your hands and use your masks. Your family's and friends' lives may depend on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment