Monday, April 26, 2021

Coronavirus Pandemic Day 412 - The Slowdown Has Commenced

The day-to-day numbers are starting to look better, even though the overall numbers are grostesque. 32,244,617 known cases of COVID-19 in the U.S. 577,224 known deaths due to COVID-19.

People I know are getting their vaccines as soon as they possibly can. I hope the rest of you are, too. COVID-19 is an ugly way to die, literally drowning in your own blood. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

But the increase in vaccinated people and the use of masks and social distancing are lowering the infection rates, and with that, the deaths.

In the meantime, I'm entering my own slow growth period. I need to get caught up on paperback releases in May and type words on the next Justice book because at the end of June/beginning of July, I will become a grandma. And yes, I know I will be distracted.

We just got back from a visit with Genius Kid and Significant Other in Texas. The new crib and mattress didn't arrived until after we left, but we did get them baby and children's books to read to Adorable Spawn, plus Deadpool and Star Trek:TOS onesies while we were there. A.S will be the geekiest baby on the block.

I did get work stuff done during this road trip, so that bodes well for future road trips. And I don't mind performing the late night duties while we're there later this year. However, we are definitely getting a hotel room because my body has become too old for air mattresses on the floor. Heck, we might even be able to take Princess Puppy Bella with us if we stay at a hotel. We simply can't have her beating up on Blaze the Wonder Shepard.

Dean Wesley Smith calls summer the time of Great Forgetting. I'm not forgetting a damn thing. My priorities have changed because I want the new generation to have a healthy, loving start in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment