Monday, April 5, 2021

Coronavius Pandemic Day 391 and the Race Against Time

It's been over a year since the U.S. went into the first lockdown. There's more than 30,925,269 known cases because Florida's Governor DeSantis is trying to hide how bad things are in the state and there's folks I know how have had COVID-19 in other states and weren't added to the official count.

Even worse, there's 560,601known dead from COVID-19. Over a half million. Those are somee awful numbers to contemplate.

Especially when less than a third of the people living in the U.S. have only have their first dose of a vaccine.

Look, I get being stuck at home is boring. I'm not a fan of masks anymore than the craziest right-wing neighbor. But I don't want to be responsible for carrying a potentially dangerous virus around. Especially when I have a grandson on the way and there's an even more contagious variant of COVID-19 running around the U.S.

The race against doesn't only refer to getting people inoculated.

The next volume of 888-555-HERO is due out in ten days. I have to meet this deadline because I'm prohibited by Amazon's policy to miss it, else I lose all my pre-orders. I've typed 3K words so far and I've got a couple of thousand to go before bedtime.

So, this is a mental break (sort of) before dinner and Jeopardy! See y'all on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment