Monday, June 14, 2021

Whaddaya Mean It's Not Sunday?

Yesterday was a necessary goof-off day. Why? I needed to refill my creativity well.

Even better FreeForm was on a roll with my favorite Disney/Pixar movies! Ratatouille, Coco, Moana, and Lilo and Stitch. All of them juggle the question of finding your own way while dealing with family expectations. A theme that shows up a lot in my own work.

I'm still a little nervous about going to our local theater, and I probably won't until after we get back from celebrating Adorable Spawn's birth. I don't want to take any chances of carrying a potentially deadly disease to my newborn grandson.

As for today? I'd meant to get up with my alarm clock, but I was so tired, I turned in off, rolled over, and went back to sleep.

And slept another four hours. I didn't think I'd over exerted myself last week. Maybe it was my subconscious needing to process the new things I noticed in those movies yesterday.

Because you see, I always seem to notice new things in the media I consume each time I watch or read or listen. That's what I mean about refilling the well. Storytellers need to pay attention to the really good stories. Break them down. See what makes them tick.

And use those techniques to build our own worlds in such a way you cannot resist liking, or even loving, them.

No comments:

Post a Comment