Wednesday, August 25, 2021

The Latest New Thing

Original Cover

I've done my own ebook covers before. I'll be the first to admit I suck at design. But I keep trying because I don't want to be stranded should something happen to one of the ladies I employ.

So I still try every once in a while. Like for a couple of my short story collections.

On Revenge Served Hot, my formatter begged me to please send her the original JPG file because, well, look at what she did to make the cover POP!

Published Cover

Looks a lot different and better, doesn't it? She also did the paperback cover for me.

In the meantime, I'm practicing with turning the cover for Practical Witches into a paperback cover. We'll see how that one turns out. I'm still struggling with converting PDF files to JPGs and back again, because the printers need PDF files.

I'm reminded daily of how much I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment