Monday, June 12, 2023

Exhaustion and the Middle Aged Writer

I. AM. EXHAUSTED.

Sometimes, kids, you just need to walk away from everything and sleep. The last month has super crazy. Lots of stuff going on. Even Princess Bella's stress was bad enough to prompt vomiting.

So, we slept a solid twelve hours. Now, the two of us are lounging on the recliner today and ignoring the giant to-do list.

Last weekend, DH and I packed up our bags and visited friends in Cincinnati. Our friends tried to be the excellent hosts they normally were, but DH and I were both saying, "We've had a long-ass month. Can we please just hang out and talk?"

Which was pretty much what we did the entire weekend. Good food. Good friends. Interesting IPAs for them and excellent chocolate for me.

We only did one big thing. Saturday night, we went to Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglasias's show at the Funnybone in Liberty Township. A lovely comedy club, and Fluffy is fantastic as ever! I even managed to snag a Fluffy POP! for my collection.

Despite our hosts letting me sleep in on Saturday and Sunday mornings, I fell asleep on the relatively short ride home yesterday afternoon. I went to bed early and still managed to sleep for a full twelve hours. Despite all that sleep, I'm still tired.

I'll take it easy this week. Some writing. Some editing. Some cleaning. A lot of sleep. Hopefully, the princess and I will be back to normal by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment