Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Smoke

Even though I packed up the last of the Kickstarter backer boxes yesterday afternoon, I didn't make it to the post office today. We've been inundated with smoke and haze from the wildfires in Ontario and Michigan's Upper Peninsula. It's been bad enough the State of Ohio downgraded its air quality alert to "Unhealthy" for everyone, which remains in affect until midnight on Friday.

My eyes have been itching and my nose stuffed up since GK and I took the Grandpuppy to his follow-up vet appointment yesterday morning. Nor did it get better when I made my post office run, got gas before the price jump, and bought a frame for a print I selected for Youngest Niece's birthday. Even though the last two days were supposed to be clear and sunny, the picture of haze during the Australian wildfires above gives you an idea of what's going on in Northwest Ohio right now. I may have to pull my pandemic masks back out if this continues.

The effects actually started with Saturday night's Strawberry Moon. When I took Princess Bella out for her last constitutional, the full moon actually had the hue of it's namesake.

So, I'm staying inside inside to work today. And keeping my fingers crossed that we get the rain we're supposed to on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment