Friday, October 20, 2023

It's Fri-YAY!

I'm home from Chicago. The actual visit was perfect. Lovely fall weather. For me, anyway. So many folks were walking around downtown with coats, scarves, and boots. On the other hand, I wore a t-shirt and overshirt and was perfectly fine even when we had dinner after dark on the outdoor patio at Broken English Tacos on East Lake Street. Excellent food! I highly recommend the place.

Besides, it's nice I can have a margarita with dinner again.

The weather changed as I was driving home. I hadn't even gotten out of the Chicago Metroplex before the clouds started spitting. And they continued to spit until the Ohio border when torrents of rain cut loose.

But I made it home in time for the Homeowners Association meeting. There were some things on the agenda DH and I were concerned about. However, the folks are so much nicer than the idiots we had to deal with in Texas. Our house was mentioned as a last minute item because we are planning to put in solar panels on our roof. We knew the HOA was never going to approve the panels on the south side of the house because it faces the street. DH and I even said that to the project manager and the broker, but the solar people submitted that south facing panel plan anyway. *eyeroll*

Anyway...

I'm back to working on the next series, and I'll clean the house this weekend in preparation for GK's visit in two weeks. We're dogsitting the Grandpuppy while GK is attending a month-long class at another base. He's a German Shepherd/Staffordshire Bull Terrier mix. Despite Blaze's size, Bella rules the roost. Two terrier mixes in the house  will be entertaining if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment