Monday, October 2, 2023

The First Monday of October


I have a pretty extensive to-do list for today. However, I was up until 6 a.m., finalizing an audiobook that was a stretch goal reward for the Soccer Moms of the Apocalypse Kickstarter campaign from 2022. I'm seriously late, but darn it! My backers will get everything they were promised.

The Soccer Moms experience is why I made the Millersburg Magick Mysteries a very small and limited campaign. I didn't want to get in over my head, though four family deaths in one year was rather exceptional circumstances.

But I'll get notices and links out later tonight while watching Stephen Colbert! I'm glad the WGA strike is done, but I don't blame them or SAG-AFTRA one bit. After the experience of recording my own audio book, I believe the SAG-AFTRA folks deserve every penny they are asking for, if not more.

Just recording a novella did a number on my voice. I can't imagine recording a whole novel. I understand why it's so expensive to hire a narrator.

But it's done! Life is good, and I'll move on to the next project on my calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment