Monday, October 9, 2023

Monday Movie Mania - The Expend4bles

Once again, I needed some stupid, crazy fun after busting my butt delivering the last rewards for the Soccer Moms of the Apocalypse Kickstarter campaign. Once again, a little Jason Statham fit the bill.

Only four of the original cast returned for this edition. Andy Garcia replaced Harrison Ford as the team's CIA contact. However, the new members for 4 were better than the kids the team had to babysit in 2 and 3.


* * *


SPOILERS


* * *


LOVES

1) Sly Stallone already announced this was his last Expendables movie, and after his on-set injuries in the previous editions, I don't blame him. Broken bones don't heal as well in septuagenarians. But he obviously had fun playing Barney one last time.

2) Female team members. YAY!

3) This one definitely earned it's R-rating. I swear it was bloodier than the last three movies put together.

4) Jason Stathm, even if he wasn't shirtless.

5)  Jacob Scipio was totally adorable as Antonio Banderas's character's son. Galan had his dad's patter down.

6) Lash (Levy Tran) and Easy Day (50 Cent) were awesome. I wish they'd filled out their characters a bit more.


HATES

1) Making Gina (Megan Fox) a whiny, pouty bitch. The woman's in her mid-thirties, and the title of teenage drama queen is already filled by Gunnar, thank you very much.

 

The one had a better plot than the middle two iterations. Like most Jason Statham movies, it's good stupid fun when you need to relax, especially for us older Gen-Xers who loved these guys' movies back in the '80's.

Overall, I give The Expend4bles 7 out of 10 stars. I had to deduct 1 star for handing over Dolph Lundgren's whiny bitch over to Megan Fox. What can I say? Male drama queen's amuse me more.




No comments:

Post a Comment