Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Damn Insomnia!

I've been awake for over twenty-four hours. I tried to go to bed at five-thirty a.m., only to toss and turn until DH's alarm went off at seven-thirty a.m. I got up and got dressed again before I went to get some lab work done.

Last night, DH went to bed about halfway through Colbert because he was exhausted from dealing with work and his dad. I'm not trying to be a pisser about my father-in-law. His mental faculties are fading at an alarming rate since November. Sometimes, he thinks he's still in the Victorian where he and my mother-in-law raised their five children. Sometimes, he can't find his bedroom in his teeny-tiny assisted living apartment. He forgets that he just has to press a button to get the nurse to come to his place. Other times, he forgets how to talk, and everything comes out garbled. We're losing the man we knew, and it's a sad feeling.

Between DH going to bed and me trying to sleep, I got a bit of writing done on a wip, wrote the script I need for my Kickstarter video, and wrote a good chunk of the text portions of the Kickstarter page.

It's twelve-thirty p.m., and I'm finally feeling tired. Maybe now, my body will let me sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment