Wednesday, April 6, 2022

My Kickstarter Campaign Blew My Mind!

My Kickstarter campaign for Soccer Moms of the Apocalypse ended last night. The final pledge amount was $7,639. Yep, $7000 over my original goal.

I'm well aware this isn't a typical publishing campaign on the platform. Soccer Moms rode the slipstream of Brandon Sanderson's record-breaking Kickstarter for four brand-new novels.

However, this was my experiment to see if Kickstarter was a viable alternative revenue generator for my books. Adjusting for the Brandon effect, I believe my experiment succeeded in its original goal.

The work isn't finished yet with the ending of the campaign. In fact, the real work is just beginning. I'm getting the same thrill I get when gift-giving, and I really hope all these new readers love my stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment