Friday, April 1, 2022

Reality Strikes

If you're reading this on Friday morning, I'm at the vet. It's time for Bella's six-month check-up. I also need to make an appointment with the groomer while I'm here. For Bella, that is, though I need a haircut and my nails trimmed, too.

I've been dealing with my Kickstarter campaign so much over the past couple of weeks I got behind on household tasks. So yesterday, I tried to get caught up on personal and business accounting tasks. People want to be paid.

I get it. I like to be paid, too. And I really can't afford to have my electricity or internet turned off.

Reality has been weird. My Kickstarter campaign has been going gangbusters, but the flip side is my FIL has been in and out of the hospital over this same time period. He fell and broke his hand and his hip. This was roughly six weeks after he fell and broke a couple of bones in his opposite foot.

He had to have surgery to repair the hip. Then he got a MRSA infection at the surgical site. Needless to say, DH and his sisters are worried as hell. March has been a rough month, and I haven't listed everything that's happened.

I'm exhausted with the roller coaster ride our lives have been over the last twenty-eight years. What I'd like is not to retire from writing and publishing, but to retire from the constant drama. A weekend away would be awesome, but I don't dare make any plans because the minute I do, the One True God Murphy will throw something at me.

And none of this is a stupid April Fool's joke. I'm too tired for that nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment