Monday, April 11, 2022

Your Work Isn't Everything

I've been busy getting everything lined up for delivery for my campaign's rewards. Between juggling all that and working on A Measure of Knowledge, I found myself stretched in too many directions. To the point where I accidentally blew off plans with a friend yesterday because I overslept.

I apologized profusely, and she was kind to me about the situation. However, I don't like being the flaky friend. And I've been doing it way too much lately.

So today is a day to take a step back and do things for the family and friends in my life.

Princess Bella and I rode with DH to his dad's accountant to turn over the documents and reports. FIL started having cognitive issues toward the end of last year. We didn't realize how bad it was until DH took over his dad's finances. It took DH the last six months to get everything entered into FIL's home accounting software and correct the entries prior to him taking over.

I'm getting Easter boxes ready to send to Genius Kid and Adorable Spawn. I returned a text to a friend. I texted another friend. Sending out a couple of birthday cards. Mailing a Christmas/Birthday package that's really, REALLY late.

As much as I love writing, I have to remind myself that people make the world go 'round, and I need to be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment