Friday, October 21, 2022

Gaining Some Ground

After forcing myself to finish Chapter 6 and making a little headway into Chapter 7, I put aside Death in Double Mocha for this week and jumped into Invasion!

Why?

Because it still feels  peculiar mixing my feelings about my mother with Dani's feelings about hers. Normally, I can immerse myself in my POV character's emotions and beliefs. Yep, even Selene from the Bloodlines series. But right now, it's just too damn weird and disjointed.

So I worked on Invasion! this week. It wasn't a breath of fresh air. It was like hanging out with old friends.

To the point, I wrote more in the last five days than I have in the previous twenty-seven days.

I may not finish Death in Double Mocha before the end of this month, but I feel better about making headway on it over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment