Friday, July 14, 2023

High Mountain Desert

I don't have email on my travel computer. Actually, Baby Blue is more of a glorified tablet than a laptop, but she gets the job done. But I don't have email on her for a reason. In theory, I'm avoiding interruptions while I write. So, if you've sent me an email on one of my business accounts, I'll answer when I get home in ten days.

That's also why I'm not posting any pictures yet. It's a hassle switching the memory card from my phone to Baby Blue. The dang thing is a quarter of the size of my actual thumbnail. I worry about dropping it and either losing it in the carpet or one of my host's cats thinks it's a treat and eats it.

Idaho has a stark beauty outside of Boise, i.e. very few trees. Wild critters come into town for shade. As my host was showing me their garden in the backyard, we noticed a mule deer in the neighbor's backyard. He was a young buck. Fuzz covered his new antlers. And he didn't mind me taking pictures as long as I didn't get too close to the fence.

We get deer in our backyard in Ohio, but this was a new breed I hadn't seen before in the "wild". I was fascinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment