Thursday, August 8, 2024

A Crazy Day

Yep, it's technically Thursday, but this is my first chance to sit down to blog, much less work on one of the novels on my plate.

Darling Husband and I spent most of the day waiting for texts from Genius Kid to confirm he made through the European and Middle Eastern legs of his journey. It's hard to accept Uncle Sam owns GK's ass now, and there's nothing I can do to help if GK gets into trouble. Yes, DH and I remind ourselves and each other constantly that GK is a grown-ass man. But to us deep down, he's still the red squalling newborn who peed all over the doctors and nurses.

In the meantime, I wrote a list of questions for my attorney before I met with her this afternoon. I'm finally updating my estate plan. It needed to be done once GK turned eighteen, but now, it's imperative to get it done. Probate courts are all over the place in how they are valuating intellectual property. So I need to protect those assets by staying out of a probate court.

And, damn! I've got a lot of IP now.

With my plan of opening an online store later this year/early next year, I need to change how my business is structured. After talking with my attorney, I need to call my CPA, and review the plan for tax implications before I set everything in motion.

Since DH had a loaded schedule with his job, I had to chase down Grandpuppy's anti-itch meds. The poor thing has serious food allergies, and without his meds, he loses his hair and gets a scabby rash that he'll scratch until it bleeds.

I also finally disposed of the father-in-law's pile of meds that had been sitting in our house for two years. I love that the police department and the sheriff's office have bins for the general public.

DH needed his own prescriptions picked up. He also needed more caffeine. He's turned into more of a addict than me with his Death Wish coffee and Cherry Coke Zero.

And since I ended up at the pharmacy for Grandpuppy's meds in the same shopping plaza where my favorite salon is located, I took a chance to see if they had an opening. My head feels so much lighter now that I've had three inches of hair chopped off.

Tomorrow, I need to return some towels. JC Penney is obviously on the verge of collapsing. Even though they say they have the tan towels I want, they send me white towels every time I try to order the tan ones. *facepalm* Sears and JC Penney used to have such marvelous catalog systems. My parents relied on them for decades. But I guess all good things come to an end.

As must this day. Good night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment