Monday, August 19, 2024

Monday Movie Mania - Deadpool & Wolverine

This is the movie I've been waiting for since the fiasco that was Wolverine Origins (2009). But I'm not going to gripe about that one.

However, I will gripe that fucking COVID-19 made me miss the first Deadpool film premiere in my life.

I never thought this movie would happen after Hugh Jackman announced his retirement from playing Wolverine after Logan (2017) and after Disney cancelled 20th Century Fox's Deadpool 3 when Disney bought the Fox subsidiary. But I'm glad Hugh changed his mind. Deadpool & Wolverine has already made over $1 billion, which goes to show this is the movie all the fanbois and fangurls have been waiting for.


*****


SPOILERS

(Seriously, kids, I'm gonna spoil the shit of out this movie! )


*****


PROS
1) The whole damn movie is one big pro! I was ecstatic it was even funnier that the first two Deadpool flicks. The hate/homoerotic relationship between our heroes was utterly perfect and delectable.

2) Bringing back Dafne Keen (Laura/X3) as Logan's Jiminy Cricket made me swoon.

3) They also brought back several actors/characters from pre-MCU Marvel movies, including Jennifer Garner/Elektra, Chris Evans/The Human Torch, and Wesley Snipes/Blade.

4) Channning Tatum FINALLY had a chance to don Gambit's duds, was armed with the X-man's cards and staff, and spoke in a proper Cajun accent, though it was deliberately super thick for joke material.

5) My favorite cameo was the Cavillrine! (Seriously, Marvel. You need to hire Henry Cavill. Hugh Jackman doesn't need to be taking steroids when he's 90 to play Wolverine,)


CONS
1) My only complaint is I wanted to see Morena Baccarin's Vanessa Carlysle become her alter ego Copycat. I fear they won't bring her back for any more X-men/Deadpool flicks.


Overall, Deadpool & Wolverine deserves a score of 1 Billion stars out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment