Then someone at Amazon hit the wrong switch, and Blood Magick was suddenly full-price and not free. *GULP*
I'm glad a friend warned me before I paid for the damn advert! I wasn't the only indie author this happened to, and as of yesterday, Blood Magick is back to $0.00.
But in all the craziness over the last few days, I forgot to mention a couple of thing a little more positive that Amazon has done.
1) They raised the limit on retail e-book prices in order to receive 70% royalties. That's right. E-books can be priced from $2.99 to $12.99 to receive the higher royalty, instead of the old cap of $9.99.
2) Indie publishers can now set their pre-orders up to 18 months in advance. The old limit was 12 months.
3) Amazon now allows indie publishers two delays per year without any punitive action. This one I'm ecstatic about! Because sometimes life happens when you're trying to get a book out. I had to ask for delays each time mine and DH's parents died. Other writers I know have been injured in car accidents, spouses or kids required hospitalizations, houses have burned down, etc. Sometimes, you can do everything right and just have shitty life events. At least, we're no longer being penalized for acts of [Deity of your choice]!
Will I get my ad for Blood Magick out? Probably, but I don't know when. We just had to cough up four figures for some car maintenance on the one truly reliable vehicle.
Will I have another setback where I need to delay the release of a book? Oh, definitely. I'm not a spring chicken, and I'm the medical power of attorney and executor for two family members who will probably die before me. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed we all stay relatively healthy long enough to finish up my goals for 2027 before any more shit hits the fan.
In the meantime, the e-book of Blood Magick is currently free on all retailers who carry my tomes!
AmazonApple
Barnes & Noble
Google Play
Kobo
Smashwords










No comments:
Post a Comment