Monday, October 5, 2026

Prices Are Getting Ridiculous

I know I'm not supposed to talk politics, but dammit! Things are going way beyond simple politics. We have a person in the highest office of our country who should be in a dementia care unit. I'm saying this as someone who spent nearly ten years dealing with my in-laws as they faded from life.

In the process, this person is making decisions that affect not just the 342.5 million people in the United States, but the other 7.7 billion other people in the world.

People are losing their jobs. Prices are rising astronomically. And food is becoming scarce.

To top it off, I work in the entertainment industry where AI is ripping off my work. I know damn well I'm not getting 10,000 people a day reading my blog. And then, AI turns around and spins my words and thousands of other writers into fake books. My cover artists' business is down because AI is stealing their work and refashioning it cheap for people without artistic talent.

The problem is the person in the White House wouldn't give a shit if he did have his facilities. But others are taking advantage of his elderly incapacity to pillage whatever they can while they can.

Plus, there's the war in Iran after he promised no new wars. There was no real reason for it, and it has destabilized the Middle East even worse than it was. The Straits of Hormuz, a common trade route is now impassable. And that mess has added to the already horrendous scarcity and inflation in the U.S.

What started this diatribe? DH needed jeans. Seriously. His current pairs are not something I want him to wear to meetings with casual clients. We weren't even looking for suits and ties. Three fucking pairs of jeans. $250.00. It would have been $300 if they weren't on sale and I had coupons. And that doesn't include the price of the three gallons of gas for the trip. Why? Because we have to go to a fucking specialty store an hour away because he's six feet-five inches tall. *facepalm*

And don't fucking tell me to order online. I generally won't for clothes because I want to know they fucking fit! 

So what do we all to to change things?

For starters, research the candidates in your area, and vote. Get out and fucking vote. Don't go by the candidates' words. Look at their actions.

You can make a difference. You can affect change. But you've got to get off your ass and do something.

I know you can. Just like I wouldn't get anywhere unless I get my butt to my desk and my fingers on my keyboard every morning.

Hang in there, everyone! We've got this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment