Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Naked Puppy Pics

Things have opened enough that the groomer at our vet was able to take appointments. Baby Bella went in yesterday morning. I told the groomer to shave her down.

You see, Bella is a Morkie (a Maltese-Yorkshire hybrid). Their hair, and make no mistake, it IS hair not fur, DOES NOT stop growing. When we adopted her, I thought, no problem. I can take her to a groomer every other month.

*sigh* The last time Baby had a haircut was December. I expected her to join the protests at the State Capitol Building in Columbus, but she couldn't see past the hair covering her eyes to get there.

Even better yesterday, I was able to hit a Starbucks while Bella was getting shaved. I love Starbucks' bacon, gouda and egg sandwiches. I haven't had one since March 12th, four days before the shutdown in our state started. It was worth the risk.

And to make the shaving up to Bella, I got her one, too. Then she got one of her rawhide chew sticks.

That doesn't mean everything's over. I didn't take my safety for granted. I still wore my mask, I was careful about what I touched, and I washed my hands thoroughly--several times.

So, now, Bella and I are ready for another couple months of isolation.

Because I can do my own damn roots!

2 comments:

  1. Cute puppy! :) I'm glad you're still being careful, though. {{}}

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bella looks like a totally different dog when she's shaved. DH was afraid she was putting on weight because we weren't able to go to the dog park as much as usual (social distancing). The extra girth was all hair.

      Delete