Wednesday, May 13, 2020

When You Screw Up the Launch of a New Series

Things haven't gone as well with this spring's launch of the new Millersburg Magick Mysteries series. I admit that 100% of the problem is me.

I normally don't have trouble getting the writing done, but the pandemic has been a huge distraction. I found myself unable to concentrate on the story itself. I would write a couple hundred words, then I'd go check the news. To top off the problems, I didn't set up any advertising in a timely manner. Nor did I account for my anxiety over my medical tests.

*sigh*

I also got a lecture from DH about not taking any down time over the last three months. The sad part is he's right. First thing I did was relax with a little TV and got a good night's sleep.

Yesterday, I didn't write (too much). I took a step back yesterday and looked at resetting the schedule for the second half of 2020 and 2021. I'll slow things down a bit. Don't worry the novels already schedule for release will be out, but the other slots in the fall will be shorter works that I've already written, and a special bundle for Christmas in December.

I'm also planning on listing some of my first in series as freebies for those hit economically by the pandemic.

And I'm going to pull the Millersburg Magick Mysteries from Amazon next week, rework the parts I feel I didn't do properly, and re-release them. For those of you who bought copies already, you'll be able to download the revised editions free of charge.

I don't like feeling I didn't do my best on a project, and that's exactly how the first half of 2020 kind of feels. You readers spend your hard-earned money on my stories, and I need to write the best damn stories I can.

Much love to you all. Take care and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment