Friday, May 29, 2020

Spanish Dogs for the Win!

I woke up to thunder this morning. Mother Nature gave us a week of sunshine, so I'm not going to complain. In fact, the rain has cooled things off a bit, but not too much. Hopefully, I don't give myself another sunburn when the sun comes back.

Our apartment manager is keeping the pool closed this year.

I'm jamming on Hero De Jure. It's weird that being allowed to go places makes me feel better even though I'm not going to many.

However, I did pick up prescriptions for DH and me during lunch. And the root beer stand was open!

There's this little place in town that years ago was an A&W franchise. After A&W shut down, the franchisee decided to keep the place open. They signed an agreement for Coca-Cola's Barq's root beer, and it simply became known locally as the root beer stand. It's been through a few ownership changes. The awning was damaged by a storm a few years ago that officially was called straight line winds, but locals are pretty sure was a tornado.

And then there's the fucking pandemic.

But according to the local news and social media, the root beer stand opened early this year--carry-out only like every other restaurant in the state. DH and I have been trying to go to the root beer stand for the past week. They closed for the entire Memorial Day weekend. They had an equipment problem Tuesday night when we stopped and were in the process of closing up shop.

But this afternoon? When I passed it on the way to the pharmacy, I saw cars there! So after I raced through the pharmacy, I raced back to the root beer stand.

Two Spanish dogs and an order of cheese balls later, I'm in a food coma, laying in front of the TV. This place has the ultimate junk food.

For clarification, a Spanish dog is what other places would call a chili dog, but instead of chili, it's sloppy joe mix. And the cheese balls are deep-fried pepper jack.

Now, it's time to grab some iced tea and get back to Aisha who's been kidnapped along with her baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment