Monday, June 15, 2020

Coronavirus Day 96 - Starting Over


Today was the release of Hero De Jure. I took yesterday off and tackled the piles of stuff that collected over the last six months. The low level depression hanging over me for the last three months has eased a bit.

I'm sure part of it is I finally hit an acceptance level of the new normal. DH and I wear masks when ever we go out. Even when we go out, it's for essentials like food and prescriptions. Phone calls, e-mails, texts, and video chats have become the only way we socialize.

I've always been watching and reading light-hearted fare. Binges of The Big Bang Theory, Leverage, and Scorpion. Reading stuff like Ellie Moses's witch cozies or Lilith Saintcrow's sword and sorcery series.

It doesn't mean the danger of COVID-19 is over. It doesn't mean I don't support the needed social reforms. I do what I can from my living room, but the internet gives me a worldwide reach.

As much as other people try to divide us across the globe, we are all literally in this together. There's no place else for the human race to go. No matter how much we dream of other worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment