Friday, March 19, 2021

Bebopping Along with the Words and Vaccines

It's been interesting to observe the psychological effects of getting the COVID-19 vaccine. I've probably gotten more done over the last four days than I have the last four weeks. I've enjoyed the feeling that we may actually be near the end.

I know we aren't though. The same people who refuse to wear masks to slow the spread are refusing to get vaccinated. And worse, most of these people are my age or older, i,e, one of the most vulnerable populations. This virus goes beyond politics, beyond borders, beyond any fucking space rock headed in Earth's direction.

This pandemic could have been much worse. And more could have been done to prevent its spread.

As I said on Monday, DH, some of the in-laws, and I got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. I haven't had any side effects. DH complained about a sore arm for four days. One in-law had the fever and chills for a couple of days.

But I'm still masking and social distancing. The last thing I want is to spread any germs to vulnerable people, especially those who can't take the vaccine right now like GK's Significant Other.

In the meantime, I'm getting caught up on all the things I'm behind on publishing-wise. That work will keep my mind occupied while things become the new normal and some of our favorite activities return.


No comments:

Post a Comment