Monday, March 15, 2021

Coronavirus Pandemic 370 - A Year in Review

It's been a year since Governor Dewine essentially shut down the State of  Ohio in a desperate effort to slow down the spread of COVID-19. We're at 29,676,645 known cases of the disease and 540,452 known dead.

That's more U.S. citizens dead than World Wars I and II combined. One out of every three Americans have lost a family member. And even as more than a thousand people die every day, there are still those that deny the disease is real. The whole situation  kicks me in the heart.

But I'm starting to feel hope again. DH and I got vaccinated Saturday. That mean in a couple of weeks we can be around Significant Other. We'll still take precautions being around her and the grandson-in-utero, but we've lowered the risk.

For those who are worried about types of vaccines and side effects, we both had the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. DH has been complaining of a sore arm. On the other hand, I've been fine. Seriously, I had worse side effects from my flu and pneumonia shots last year.

I'm holding onto that hope. Things will never be the same after COVID-19. It's nice to think they will, but I fear that's a pipe dream.

However, if we can simply be with our families again, that will be more than enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment