Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Struggling with the New Shiny

I've got three projects to finish over the course of the next couple of months, but I don't want to do any of them. No, I want to work on the new shiny project that's, well, a little more humorous.

COVID-19 fatigue has gotten to me big time despite the marvelous spring weather we've had for the last three days. No, I haven't had the disease. This is the same malaise that's affecting every one who's been trapped in their homes for the last year in an effort NOT to contract the damn coronavirus.

It doesn't help that my hair is now long enough to be annoying. The last time I got it cut was the day before my father's funeral in May of 2019. I meant to get it trimmed before I went to Vegas last year, but I ran out of time before I had to catch my flight. Messy bun and ponytails it was for the workshop.

I got home after spending two glorious weeks in Sin City only for the nationwide lockdown to happen. No haircut. Even when the salons and barbershops reopened, I feared contagion because I'm immuno-compromised.

I just need to hang on a little bit longer. My age group is allowed to get the vaccine starting tomorrow. Then the hair is coming off.

Maybe a little change in weight will help the hamsters in my brain get on the wheel to help me finish these three projects.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten my hair cut in like a decade or so -- yay braid! :)

    I feel so much better now that Jim's had both shots, and I should be able to get mine next month, I think. More peace of mind, definitely. I don't go out much, in the normal way, but not being able to go out definitely makes it feel different.

    Hang in there, hon. {{}}

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on the phone starting at 8 am this morning to make our appointments. It took about twenty minutes to get through, but we have appointments for our first shots on Saturday!

      The main reason we wanted our vaccines as soon as we were eligible is to see the first grandchild when he debuts this summer. And I learned that short hair and non-dangly earrings are a must with babies.

      Delete