Friday, May 6, 2022

A Rough Week


This week has been insane on so many levels.

- Russia's invasion of Ukraine has turned into a war of attrition.
- We haven't heard anything from GK for two weeks. So either the shit's hitting the fan at the Pentagon, or GK's social life is picking up. I pray it's the latter.
- The stacked Supreme Court is making its first play to turn minorities into non-citizens.
- DH's dad has been officially moved to hospice care.
- Bella was sick all day Wednesday, to the point I almost took her to the doggie ER.
- I'm behind on proofing several things.
- I'm behind on finishing A Measure of Knowledge.
- I'm still working on getting Kickstarter rewards ready for the mail.
- DH asked me to go with him and his oldest sister to the attorney's office next week to make sure they've asked all the right questions about handling the FIL's estate.
- Spring allergies have been a killer, so the constant headaches haven't helped.
- The tornado that developed from last Tuesday's t-storms didn't touch down in the county, but there was a lot of straight-line wind damage on the west side.
- DH was on the way to the stadium for the girls' lacrosse game when the tornado sirens went off. Yep, the high school is on the west side of town.
- Installing the cabinets in the primary bathroom will be delayed again with the pile of work DH and I need to take care of this weekend.

So, yes, there's definitely a reason I was exhasted when I woke up this afternoon. I also begged him not to plan anything for Mother's Day, which bless him, he didn't. But I might ask him to pick up brunch, so I can finish A Measure of Knowledge.

I hope you had a much more relaxing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment