Friday, May 20, 2022

Mail, Mail, Mail

I ran out of stamps last night while I finished stuffing and labeling envelopes for the Kickstarter Stretch Goal magnets. So on my tea run this morning, I bought more stamps, and...

I obviously miscounted because I have one lonely little envelope with no stamps. LOL I'll stop by the post office again this afternoon when I go in for a much-needed haircut. But you don't to hear about that.

In other mail news, a reader asked if Invasion! is part of the Justice series.

Technically, sort of, but it's more of a one-off. Invasion! is my version of Crisis on Infinite Earths or Secret Wars. Blame DH. He asked what would Chief Justice Anthea do if she ever met Sam Ridgeway from the Bloodlines series. But anyway, a vague idea took shape and I added Aisha Franklin from 888-555-HERO and Shan Wong from Seasons of Magick...

And I'm have a damn good time writing it! Plus, I have an excuse to introduce the Grey Ladies from an upcoming series.

So, yeah, this will be a fun book of the heart. It will address the prophecy Reverend Mother Alara mentioned way back in A Question of Balance if you REALLY want to know about that, and Aisha ends up coaching Anthea on how to control her lightning.

But if you need something that's stupid fun while trapped in a vehicle of some sort during the winter holidays, Invasion! is the book for you.

It'll be up for pre-order once I get the cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment