Monday, May 16, 2022

Catching Up Amid the Grief

Except it's not truly grief for me. My father-in-law isn't suffering anymore. No matter your belief system, I'm simply glad his body no longer tortures him. We buried the empty shell that housed his spirit or soul or whatever you want to call it. But yeah, I'm happy he's no longer in pain.

On the other hand, I ended up with a nasty UTI the night after his funeral, just like I did when my mother-in-law passed away five years ago. The stress of dealing with everything got to me despite my best efforts. But thank Sekhmet for antibiotics. The PA at the urgent care went straight for the sulfa drugs.

I slept for a good chunk of Saturday and Sunday. And last night, I did some writing, which strangely always makes me feel better when I actually have the bandwidth to do it.

There's more stories to tell, and since I'm still on this tiny ball floating through space, I will continue to do so.

For as long as this body lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment