Monday, July 18, 2022

ARGH! It's Monday!

No visits to the cinema this weekend. I crashed hard after getting Famine in French Vanilla uploaded last week. And despite all the editing work, a few typos slipped by. A reader was kind enough to contact me privately, so I need to get an update uploaded. However, I'll make another pass through the book because I'm sure there's more hiding in the damn manuscript besides the three the reader found.

The weekend was spent getting caught up on all the administrative work that piled up over the last two months. It desperately needed to be dealt with.

I jumped into War in White Chocolate first thing this morning. Initially, I was rather proud of waking up before my alarm went off. Only to discover, f***ing Apple had reset my iPhone to its factory settings. In reality, I woke up forty-five minutes late.

*sigh*

At least, I didn't totally miss sprinting with writer friends in the Rockies. One of them and I do an evening session, too, so I should be able to stay on track for getting the third book of Soccer Moms of the Apocalypse written and released in plenty of time.

This afternoon, I need to get caught up on classes I'm taking. I missed the last several homework assignments for Advanced Depth. I'll retake that class later this year. Depth is an area I know I'm deficient in.

If you pay attention to suzanharden.com, you'll notice I added a new book at the bottom of the list, A Mischief of Magpies. No, it's not a new Justice book. I took a Covers 101 class since covers are something else I suck at. It's not that I'll stop using any of the lovely ladies who provide their services. I just like being semi-proficient at jobs I expect other people to do for me.

Anyway, I liked the six covers I put together using stock art so much, the storytelling part of me clicked into gear. Now, I really, REALLY want to write these stories. I wish I had more time in the day to write everything. I already know I'm going to die with stories untold.

No comments:

Post a Comment