Monday, July 4, 2022

It's the Fourth of July

I find it hard to celebrate the founding of our country when the current Supreme Court is working so hard to dismantle our freedoms. But this isn't a "thoughts and prayers" post.

I may not be physically capable of marching alongside my siblings, but I write about what we hope to become as a nation. I can volunteer at local polling places. I donate to the causes I believe in.

Friends and family have been asking me what happens next. They are appalled when I lay out the current white supremist end game. They think there's no way it could happen. But it can and it will if the collective "we" don't do something about it.

Because if we don't DO something, America will be spoken of in the same breath as the current Russian regime. Or Nazi Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment