Friday, July 8, 2022

Ghost Hunting

Tomorrow night, DH and I are going ghost hunting in Millersburg, Ohio. For those who've read Amish, Vamps & Thieves (Bloodlines #4), yes, this is the town where the book is set.

The sequel series, Millersburg Magick Mysteries, is also set there. At the end of 2019 when I first started to write the sequel series, I'd planned to take a long weekend doing some research. It had been nearly thirty since the last time I visited Millersburg. I know stuff changes over the decades. But 2020 and the COVID pandemic forced a change in plans.

I wrote the first three books. And frankly, they sucked. The pandemic had sucked the fun out of me and my writing. So I pulled the books from Amazon (the only retailer I'd uploaded them to at that point), and decide to start over again.

Every time I looked at them though in 2020 and 2021, I got that sick feeling in my stomach. Those were my plague books. And Cthulu, how I resented that plague.

This year, I don't what exactly changed other than things were opening up again, including night-time ghost tours of the Victorian House Museum in Milllersburg. So yeah, that's the plan for Saturday night. Our niece will keep Princess Bella company while we're gone. And I'm simply looking forward to a night out.

I don't expect things to go back to "normal" after the pandemic. But I do like the opportunity to do some onsite research.

Y'all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment