Monday, August 8, 2022

Perfection

If you haven't seen Netflix's Sandman series, I strongly recommend it. It's been a while since something I anticipated delivered on every level.

The series stayed true to the feeling and themes of the comic book series. Some alterations were necessary because of the new media. Some alterations were because Neil Gaiman's grown as a storyteller. Others were because--let's face it, the show would have looked ridiculous with thought balloons.

Some things simply needed to be updated. People forget the first issue of Vertigo's Sandman was published thirty-five years ago.

Other were changed because they fit the narrative.

The performances were sublime all around. I literally cannot pick a single standout because they were all done so excellently.

This promotional postcard of Death is framed and hung in my old office in Houston. I'm looking forward to the day I  unbox it, and It hangs in my office once again.

Until that day, may you all have sweet dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment