Wednesday, January 31, 2024

At a Crossroads?

I'm sitting here, munching on breakfast, which happens to be leftover cabbage and chow mein noodles from the kung pao chicken I ordered over the weekend. I'm looking at my business plan for this year, and wondering if I'm making the right decisions.

I'm not asking for advice here. There's a little niggle inside my brain that's trying to tell me something. But I can't really hear it yet. Do I need to slow down? Speed up? Change projects? Change careers? Change zip codes?

Or could it be the ten-year itch?

You see, I have this habit/need to change careers every ten years. I jumped from IT to law to writing fiction. Generally, the trigger is boredom. Except I'm not bored. At least, I don't think I'm bored.

I want to know what happens next with all my heroines. If I don't write their stories, no one else will.

Or maybe, I'm just unconsciously freaking about doing my taxes. The numerical equivalent of my parents asking me why I write.

I don't know what happens next, but a decision will be made. Because punting the decision is a decision in and of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment