Friday, January 12, 2024

A Non-Productive Week

This week has been a total waste thanks to my SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), despite keeping up on my Vitamin D supplements. The weather has been dark and overcast, alternating between rain and snow with all other types of precipitation in between. I've been sleeping between twelve and seventeen hours a day.

When I am awake, I've got a load of household chores staked up thanks to the cataract surgeries. I'm slowly wrapping holiday packages and sending them out to friends and family. And putting things back in order now that GK and Grandpuppy are back home in Texas again.

Once this weekend's storm is over, I need to start setting my alarm and going to the local Starbucks in the mornings to write. It may mean sleeping the rest of the afternoon away, but it would let me be a little more productive.

I hope.

In the meantime, play it safe this weekend, folks. Stay home and stay warm while Winter Storm Gerri roars through the country. Few things are important enough to put your life and the lives of the first responders in danger.

Instead, make your favorite hot beverage, cuddle with your loved ones and/or furbabies, and watch something awesome. In our case, it will be the NFL payoff games.

Assuming I can stay awake.


No comments:

Post a Comment