Friday, January 5, 2024

Driving Again!

I've been pretty independent since I graduated from college. This wasn't the first time I couldn't drive due to a surgery, but it affected me more.

Why? Because I'm realizing how little time I still have on this planet. Watching family and friends lose their mobility sucks. And I realize I may have the same problems within the next twenty years, which doubly sucks.

For the past three weeks, DH has had to drive me everywhere. Even to Starbucks. I really don't like feeling helpless, but when I can't even go out and buy my own dang cup of peppermint, it feels even worse.

But today, I drove my car home from the shop after the new brakes were installed. And I felt the same power I felt when I got my very first apartment,

And it was a most excellent feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment