Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Back in the Saddle

I've been writing since January 1st. Not much. My body is still getting used to my bionic vision so I can only stay on my laptop for short periods, but longer than I could with the double vision. However the small amounts are a start.

What I needed to do was go back and re-read the last couple of chapters of the wips in order to remember where I'd left off back at Thanksgiving. I didn't get as much writing done on our vacation as I'd hoped. Before we left, DH was rather passe about what he wanted to do or see in Las Vegas. But when we got there...

He had something scheduled for every day. Or multiple things for a day. It was such a hectic schedule I ended up napping quite a bit in our car.

So it feels good and weird at the same time to be writing again.

I'm considering participating another challenge Dean Wesley Smith is running this year--2024 words per day for 2024. The buy-in is $600, which would light a fire under my butt. In theory, the challenge is totally doable. I just don't want to tempt the Great God Murphy into throwing another life roll at me,

2023 was pretty good because I was taking it easy. Or I was until I decided to do the Witchstarter at the last minute. Then, I ended up in a surgical bay with a laser cutting up my bad eye lenses.

I know the readers will be all for it. More books for them after all! But I want plenty of time to make sure the stories are good.

So, it's something to think about for the next two days before sign-ups close. For those writers who want to check out Dean's challenge, here's the details in his own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment