Monday, April 1, 2024

April Fool's Day

It used to be there would be all kinds of jokes and fake news on social media on April 1st. There was always outrage from idiots who didn't realize what day it was. The ones that struck were the peole who got their panties in a twist if someone joked about being pregnant. I understand the rage and frustration at not being able to conceive or losing a baby.

Seriously, I do. Genius Kid was a fucking miracle. However, I didn't get too upset over someone else's idea of a joke. It had nothing to do with me or my life. Those April's Fool pranks actually helped me to let go of my own fury at my situation. Life goes on after all.

But all jokes disappeared in April of 2020 with the rising death toll and the overwhelmed hospitals from COVID-19. Most April's Day jokes remained missing until this year.

Today, a few jokes popped up on my feeds. The moderator of a fan site dedicated to Neil Gaiman's Sandman switched the header to say it was a fan site of Goldie the Gargoyle. Another friend beyond her child-bearing years made the usual pregnancy joke. Mainly, there were an abundance of puns.

After the last four years, most of the humor was actually humorous instead of cruelty-based. In a way, it's reassuring the world hasn't totally devolved into fractious fighting and mean-spirited insults.

Or maybe I'm just doing a better job of weeding out the trolls.

Either way, Camp NaNo started today, and I have a book to finished. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment